Customer Support Manager – Bethesda, MD
Windsor Hills Associates is a recruiting/search firm located in the mid-Atlantic area, with a national clientele. Our client, a Bethesda MD based messaging and analytics application development firm, seeks an organized, detail-oriented individual to join its team as a Customer Support and Operations Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and motivating a team of six support reps, who support a base of approximately 1000 customers. Additionally, he/she will have a substantial role in managing and monitoring the Company’s technical infrastructure and will participate in bi-weekly sessions with the Executive Team to set company priorities.
The candidate is responsible for providing operational leadership to the support and operations teams. The candidate must be independent, self driven with strong management, technical and leadership skills.
- Overall management responsibilities for Customer Support Division
- Work directly with support reps to resolve customer inquiries and / or escalate to next support tier
- Oversee support ticketing system and ensure customers receive a timely, professional response
- Via ticketing system, track bugs in the app and help management prioritize their importance
- Manage personnel issues related to support team.
- Collaborate with executive team to set company development priorities
- Liaise with sales and development teams on customer incidents and bug tracking
- Communicate to other internal departments on the status of resolution to customer issues
- Understand and work within timelines and appropriately identify the need for escalation
- Proven ability to work in fast paced, self directed environment
Experience and Requirements
- At least 4 years experience of managing a Customer Support operation (a plus if with another application development firm)
- At least 4 years of experience overseeing a support ticketing system
- Strong technical aptitude
- Strong communications and relationship building skills
- Good management skills, sound judgment, initiative and flexibility
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Knowledge of ColdFusion, .NET and SQL Server a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to multitask, prioritize, and follow-up
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Capable of interacting on an ad-hoc basis with other departments to achieve project goals
This company is a growing player in a market that is expected to double by 2015. More than 1000 organizations are using its solutions to communicate with customers and prospects. Its working environment is fast-paced, results-oriented with a strong team-oriented approach. Compensation is based on experience and skill levels. Other benefits include paid healthcare and vacation, 401(k), and more.
To apply, fill out the information below and send a resume and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.